Followers

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Welcome

Hello Everyone.
My name is Sian, I'm 27 years old, I live in Amesbury, Wiltshire with my hubby Mark and 2 boys Andrew-5 and Anthony-3. I have decided to create a blog to do with my card making,general life and my weight loss journey. I suffer with serve depression and serve chronic back pain, I started making cards in October 2010 as a hobby to help my depression, i started making so many i didn't know what to do with them so a friend suggested that i sell them. At first i wasn't sure they were good enough but she made me realise they were. I have been trying to improve my skills ever since then and love making them.

My Weight Loss Journey - The start
I decided on 5-1-12 to take the big step I've been thinking about for a while and to join weight watchers.It took lots of guts to get on the scales for the 1st time at the meeting and i have to admit i did have a little cry when i got home, i was not expecting the scales to read 15st 2.5lbs as i thought i was 14st. I've been doing ww for 1 1/2 weeks now and on 12-1-12 i had my 1st weigh in, i was crapping myself as i was dreading not losing any weight but i was so pleased when i was told i had lost 3lb. I am half way through week 2 and i have been very good making a note of everything I've eaten. It is weigh in day on Thursday so here is hoping I've lost this week.

My cardsI had a little break over xmas and the new year from making cards so last week i decided to try and get my mojo back. I have made a few this week so will add them below, will try and add what i used if i can remember as some bits I have been given so don't know the names of.
 Valentines day card £3 - Made using forever friends decoupage, sentiment and matching paper. The red paper i have used has a texture to it and i think is from the paper cellar. I have also used red and gold card candi from craftworks.
 Mothers day card £3 - Made using a topper a friend sent me which i believe came from the tatty teddy cd, pink and lilac card candi from craftworks, purple pearlescent paper embossed with a flower embossing folder, pink paper from wild rose studio - in love with Japan paper pack. 
 Mothers day card £3 - Made using forever friends decoupage and sentiment. Base card is a scalloped easel  from craftworks, not sure who the backing paper is by as it was a gift from a friend. Card candi used is wedding silver and lilac from craftworks.
 Valentines day card £3 - Made using a Winnie the pooh pyrimage from studio light. Base card is a scalloped easel from craftworks, Red textured paper from paper cellar and cream pearlescent paper embossed using a swirls embossing folder.
 Mothers day card £3 - Made using a Eeyore pyrimage from studio light. Pink pearlescent card stock embossed with a flowers embossing folder and pink marble effect paper.
 Mothers Day card £3 -Made using jolly nation housework decoupage. Base card is a scalloped edge card from craftworks. Backing paper is papermania - henbury lane collection and lilac pearlescent paper. Also used pink card candi from craftworks.
 Valentines day card £3 - Made using forever friends decoupage and backing paper. Also used red textured paper from paper cellar and wedding silver card candi.
Mothers day card £3 - Made using jolly nation decoupage and matching paper. Also the spotty paper came from a forever friends set, pink marble effect paper and diamante stick ons.

5 comments:

Emma Goddard said...

blog is looking great hun, beautiful cards. Keep going with the weight loss hun, your doing really well xxx

De welzijnsconsulenten van Stralend en Wel said...

Well done on creating this blog and all those beautiful cards. And what an excellent idea throwing your weight loss journey into the public. That is sure to keep you on track and an incredibly brave thing to do. You're an inspiration!

Beckie said...

Beautiful cards and a lovely blog. Will be following you now and well done on being brave and doing the weight loss on here as well. Trying to lose weight to but not brave enough to put it out there on my own. Keep going, you are doing well so far. Love Bex. X

Anonymous said...

Well done on the weight loss, your so brave to advertise publicly. Lovely set of cards and great blog xx

Tina said...

Great cards Sian good luck with the weight loss (you can do it)